vendredi 19 août 2011

Player Reactions: FC Barcelona 3-2 Real Madrid

Player Reactions: FC Barcelona 3-2 Real Madrid





Read what FC Barcelona players had to say after an intense match that saw Barca lift its first trophy of 2011-12 – the Spanish Super Cup. We’ve also thrown in comments made by Real Madrid players.
XaviMadrid’s image was shameful. The pictures speak for themselves … We believe in footballing justice and justice was done today.
Andres IniestaI am very happy about winning this title and that our effort was awarded with it. I felt great every time I play, we have been together as a team for a long time, and we try to get our level up every year. We intend to improve ourselves, to get better with time, so we need the new guys to come here and add new things to our game. New players with that approach are great for our team.

Fabregas

“I am very happy. But I have to carry on learning more, and trying to win more titles.
“I have known Messi since I was 13. We already get on well. And that’s all thanks to him. Everybody gets on well with him. He is the best in the world. I have never played with somebody like him and I think I never will.  So I am going to try to have fun and learn from him.   
“It’s a great moment especially against Real Madrid. It’s the biggest derby in the world and I am very happy to be a part of it.
“This is very competitive football, we are talking about the two best clubs in the world and every team wants to win. This is normal in football that a situation [ Marcelo's vicious tackle on him that led to the brawl] like this can happen.
“It’s always good to start well, with positive situations like this. I am very happy. They had just scored when I went into the pitch and I was just thinking in helping my team.”
Real Madrid
Sergio Ramos“We played very well in both games and leave with our heads held high.
“We played a serious game here and at home. We didn’t win the title, but we gave a great performance. Barcelona were only better in efficiency because they capitalised more on their chances. Real Madrid made a great impression and showcased great attitude, so no one can reproach us on anything.
“Games like these, in which titles are at stake, always give way to nerves and tension. Whatever happens on the pitch stays on the pitch. I don’t want to do any comparisons. We are humble and hard working, and we’re here to take Real Madrid to the very top.
“The season is very long and we’re on the right path. We gradually get to know our opponents better and prepare for matches in specific ways.
“We apologise to our supporters for not bringing the title back to them. We hope they continue to support us.”
Iker Casillas
“It’s obvious there’s always conflict. Marcelo’s tackle wasn’t that harsh. A draw would have been more fair. We said a long time ago what we think about the performances of referees. I nevertheless wish to congratulate the victor.”
Xabi Alonso
“It’s a shame. We would be happier if we had won. It didn’t happen, but the game was intense and even. We had it under control, but we lacked luck and better aim in the second half. We’re obviously not happy, but we have good sensations. We played two excellent games against Barcelona and we congratulate them for their victory. This has only just started; there are nine months left in the season.
“I was far away and didn’t see what happened at the end of the match, but it was obvious to me that tension increased after Marcelo saw the red card. The images will speak for themselves.”

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire